ACCESSIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICY
Custom Foam Systems is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to the access to our facility we will notify customers promptly by posting a notice including the anticipated length of time.
Training for Staff
Custom Foam Systems will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on their behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
- Foam Store personnel
- Customer service personnel
- Reception personnel
- Sales personnel
For new staff this training will be documented on the training plan and provided to staff within the first month of employment.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Custom Foam Systems’ plan related to the customer service standard
- How to interact and communicate with people of various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Custom Foam Systems’ goods and services
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Custom Foam Systems provides goods and services to people with disabilities can e-mail feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. All feedback will be directed to the VP, Human Resources and Administration. Customers can expect to hear back within 5 business days. Complaints will be addressed according to our regular complaint management procedure.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Custom Foam Systems that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.