We Strike the Perfect Balance Between Comfort, Design & Manufacturability for Foam Furniture Components
Improving the manufacturability and cost efficiency of a component doesn’t always have to result in sacrificing comfort, design or aesthetics. It just means you have to be more creative in your approach. That’s where our product development team excels. We’re known for making challenging designs easier to manufacture, while balancing important component properties.
At Custom Foam Systems, we:
- offer more than 40 years of experience delivering fabricated and molded foam components to the office and public furniture industry.
- have a proven track record of solving design manufacturability challenges with advanced solutions that others may not think of.
- specialize in integral skin components for furniture and ergonomic workstation applications.
- offer an extensive range of polyurethane materials to customize components to meet customer specifications.
- are registered to ISO 9001:2008, are FDA Compliant and meet BIFMA and ASTM standards.
- embrace APQP, PPAP, FMEA to ensure we meet customers expectations on the first production run and every run after.
Fabricated Foam for Seating
- Custom manufactured foam components delivered upholstery-ready
- Highly engineered solutions ensure great performance and reliability
- Collaborative, interactive design and development support
Molded Foam for Seating
- Our team of polyurethane experts adapt and respond specifically to your unique requirements while ensuring cost efficiencies
- Extensive prototype development capabilities available
- Quality tooling from qualified domestic or offshore sources
- Repeatable, reliable, cost driven
- Kanban replenishment programs
Integral Skin Components
- Arm pads, head rests, and lumbar pads
- Exceptionally knowledgeable team devotes time to ensure design manufacturability
- Trustworthy supply chain for metal, plastic, wood and composite substrates
- Excellent cosmetic appearance harmonizing with color, texture, fit and finish
Foam Arm Pads for Healthcare
- Custom Foam has developed the optimal integral skin material for healthcare and public seating arm pad applications
- High density, high durometer, high impact, cut resistant, pick and peel proof
- Antimicrobial, chemical resistant, cleanable
- Custom shaped, high cosmetic class A surfaces
- Expert color matching available
- Structural metal inserts over-molded meet standards like BIFMA
Fabricated Foam for Lounge
- Full range of polyurethane and polyethylene materials
- Firm, high density and high compression for ultimate support
- Designed for manufacturability and comfort
- Durability and longevity that’s ideal for public spaces
- Contoured, profile-cut shapes
- Contemporary design
Integral Skin for Wrist Rests
- Proprietary Gelfoam material offers the best properties for this application
- Soft compression Visco-Elastic comfort in a custom molded shape
- Durable, wear-resistant, antimicrobial, chemical resistant and cleanable
- Excellent cosmetic appearance with a textured surface and seamless look
A major product launch.
A customer with an offshore supplier let down.
Fixed in 6 weeks.
Our manufacturing facility is ideally suited for medium to high volume production runs and can be scaled up or down to meet your individual needs. Being highly adaptable and responsive is just one way we continue to build long-term customer relationships year after year.
Polyether Polyurethane Foam (PU)
- Meets Cal 133 flammability standard
- Supports your BIFMA certifications
- Molded Flexible HR Foam
- Molded Integral Self Skinning Foam (ISKIN)
- Meets automotive standards for durability and stain resistance
- Color matched to OEM specifications
Visco Elastic Integral Skin Foam
- Molded Gelfoam
- Visco-Elastic Memory Foam
- Complete line of state-of-the-art fabricating equipment
- Automated CNC shape cutting
- Horizontal and vertical CNC cutting equipment
- Precision die-cutting cells
- Multi-component assembly with water-based adhesives
- Five reaction injection molding cells for range of material options and component sizes
- Complete line of molded polyurethane chemistries tailored to program specifications
- Registered to ISO 9001:2008, FDA Compliant, meet BIFMA and ASTM standards
- World-class lean manufacturing systems modelled after Toyota’s Production System (and Hoshin Kanri approach) with the goal of reducing waste and increasing value for customers
- Embracing Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode & Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Hourly tracking of production output and quality to meet targets and drive continuous improvement
- Daily pre-shift and production performance meetings with all team members
Highly Adaptable to Your Needs
As a mid-sized OEM with a range of process technologies and equipment, world-class lean manufacturing systems, materials experts and dedicated staff, we can meet your small or large scale custom component needs.
Our size also makes us an ideal partner because we are highly adaptable and can respond quickly to changes in priorities or deadlines. We are committed to supporting your promises to your customer and building long-term success.Talk to a Foam Expert